Thursday, May 10, 2012

reviews,reviews, reviews




River Cast

(The Tale of Lunarmorte #2)

By, Samantha Young

I very much enjoyed this book just as much as the first one.
I was a little worried there for a while that Lucien would end up with someone else.
Thank goodness, that is not the facts.
The way River Cast was put together was really good, it kept me wanting to read and find out what happens next. Lot’s of good things happen here in books two. Lot’s of twists and turns to keep you on your toes. A whole lot happens between Caia and Lucien. Sometimes a bit worrisome and other are just smoking.

So recommending this one to paranormal lovers!!

3.5 Stars






The Rebel Wife: A Novel


byTaylor M. Polites

Goodreads won

I found this to be a very interesting read.
It took me a little while to get into.
I enjoyed where the story took place.
The charters were really great. It still surprises me that in the past woman where treated so badly. But the past is the past. I really don’t know what else to say about this one.
In the long run I think this book would be for Historical Fiction readers.


2.5 Stars





Shatter Me

(Shatter Me #1)

By,Tahereh Mafi



EXCEPRT~~

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

~my review

Now here was a book I was a little worried about reading before I even picked it up.
The reason behind it was some of the reviews.
But I am glad I picked it up to read any way.
The first few chapters had me thinking about putting it down. It seemed it was going to be based on a crazy person that rambled on and on. But I did stick tho and found that after those first chapters it is a very good book.
I enjoyed the way the story went the way it was written. I am hopping the 2nd book is good as well.


~~So if your looking for a little YA Romance.

3.5 Stars

So thats all i got for you now..
Intel next time, pick that one book up and give it a try even it your worried it might not be good!!

No comments: